February 13, 2012

Koper Kidisms

I've been keeping track of some of the funny things the kids have said in the last few weeks. And I'd like to share them with you, now. Man, I love my kids. They crack me up on a daily basis.

As I was tucking Steven into bed the night before his first day at his new school, I let him know that it was okay to feel nervous. I said, "You know, Daddy has his first day at his new work tomorrow, too. He's a little nervous just like you. Everyone gets a little nervous when they are doing something new, so it's okay."
After a moment of thought he asked, "Like you were nervous the first time you went to Target?"
Because kids go to school, Dads go to work and Moms go to Target : Life according to Steven.

Gabby, poking at a blemish on my face. "Oh, Mommy. Does this hurt?" So thankful for her concern.

Steven, praying, "Thank you for this beautiful land of land."

Jack, praying, "Thank you, God for Mommy, and You (looking at Steve) and Daddy, and Steven and Gabby and God."

One of our first nights here was very windy and this creeky old house made a lot of noise. Steve got scared of all the noises and told me in the morning, "It was really creepy and nightime is the best time to be creepy because all the nocturnals are coming out."

One day, Gabby and Jack and I were out while Steven was at school. Gabby saw a man smoking and asked about it. I told her about how if you smoke, you can get very sick in your body and you could die from it. When we picked Steven up from school that day, this was the first conversation the kids had:
Gabby: "Steven, today we saw a man and he was SMOKING!!!"
Jack: "And he almost DIED!!!"

As I read a book one afternoon, Jack looked at it and asked, "What kind of Bible is that?"

There is a T-41 on display near our home. We pass it often and one of the first times we passed it, Steve told the kids that they have been on that plane, back when he was training to be a navigator. We told them that it was just Gabby and Steven that have been on it, that Jack was still in Mommy's tummy so he didn't experience the plane. The next time we passed the plane, Jack started this conversation:
Jack: "You guys been in that plane! But I went in Mommy's tummy."
Me: "What were you doing in my tummy?"
Jack; "Playing with my blocks"
Me: "How did you get your blocks in there?"
Jack: "I bringed them."
Me: "How did YOU get in my tummy?"
Jack: "Through my nose."

Today as we drove around running a few errands, I started a game of 20 questions. I told the kids that I was thinking of something and they could take turns asking yes/no questions to find out what it was. This proved more entertaining for me than for them. It went something like this:
Steven: Does it have wings?
Me: No
Gabby: Does it have horns?
Me: No
Jack: What?
Steven: Does it live in a tree?
Me: No
Gabby: Does it live.....
Me: Why doen't you ask me if it is alive at all before you ask about all the places it could live.
Steven: Is it alive?
Me: No
Gabby: (excited, like she's got it now!) IS IT A DEAD BUG?!!?
Me: No
Jack: What?
Steven: Is it a dinasaur?
Me: It's not alive and it never was.
After a few more question going nowhere, I encouraged them to ask questions about the size of the thing.
Steven: Is it bigger than a person?
Me: No
Gabby: Is it smaller than a person?
Me: Yes!!!!
Steven: Is it a tiny person?
At this point I was laughing too hard to go on. I let them know I was thinking of a cookie and that they are terrible at this game.

This morning, Jack put on my boots. He insisted that I call him "Baby Cowboy" for a few hours. I told him to say "Cheese" for the picture. He started to say "Cheese" but then thought better of it and asked, "Do cowboys say Cheese?" So this is a picture of him saying, "Yee-Haw!"

Those are the Kidisms that I either wrote down or are fresh in my mind - there are so many other adorable things they do but I couldn't possibly keep track of them all, which is kind of sad. But at least for now,
You're All Caught Up!

3 comments:

eubybaby said...

Love.them.all.
Keep 'em coming!

Mom said...

My fave laugh out loud kiddisms are: Seven and his nocturnal thought. Jack taking his blocks inside the womb through his nose, and Gabby sweetly concerned about a zit. Your babies are too funny. As for the Baby cowboy, he is so adorable <3 I love you Lee and miss you. If you lived nearby I would bring over a pan of freshly cooked hot applesauce and a loaf of banana bread just because.

Anonymous said...

I so miss u and ur precious family! And BTW, ur Mom rocks! But I'm sure u already knew that! Thanks for the good laugh! - Aimee Zimmerman