January 13, 2012

An Explaination to Why My Children Have Watched an Unhealthy Amount of TV This Week

I know that many, many women walk through what I am walking through right now, and they don't share it. I know it's not something people like to share. I'm not sure why. I'm a sharer. I'm sharing. So here it is.

It's been a rough couple of weeks for The Koper Family. On December 26th, we found out that we were expecting baby #4. But within a few days, I knew something wasn't right. After one middle-of-the-night visit to the emergency room and 2 follow up appointments, we have come to realize that this pregnancy is not normal and we will not be meeting this baby here on earth. God's peace and comfort have covered us. We are sad but we know that nothing is out of God's control. Thanks to everyone who prayed for us before our first followup. I know a few of you were freaking. right. out after I asked for prayer on Facebook. But I'm fine and healthy and even getting through this loss pretty well. I'm still in a lot of physical pain some days, and I'll be glad when that is over and I can really start to heal and move on. You know you've been resting too long when you're sick of Pinterest.

Going through this has shown me a lot of things:
                My husband is the most supportive, loving, kind and encouraging person I could every ask for. When I woke him out of a dead sleep at 2:30am and said I needed to go the ER, he didn't ask, "Are you sure?" or "Why?" He just jumped up, got the kids ready and got us out the door within 15 minutes. We had lived here less than 48 hours and didn't even know where the nearest ER was, but he and his iPhone got us there in record time. He has been nothing but caring and sweet through these last weeks and I am so thankful for him.
                 My parents are the most prayerful, faithful people I know. I know that I was covered in prayer before, during and after each of my follow up appointments, as well as during every day of the last few weeks. I am so thankful for them and for their constant prayer over me and my family, not only during this time, but always.
                The children God has given me are so amazing. They sat in the ER for 4 hours in the middle of the night as well behaved as ever. Since we have lived here less than 2 weeks and have no babysitters, they have sat through 2 follow up appointments getting constant compliments on their excellent behavior. They are so sweet and thoughtful and funny and beautiful and I am so thankful for each of them.
                My favorite verses have helped me though many tough times, and this is no exception. I love Paul's words: "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

I'm sorry that I haven't even posted Christmas pictures, let alone pictures from our move. But I will, soon. I'm sure in another week or two I'll be back to normal and be ready to share our recent adventures with the world! So be ready!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Leah--- and now I feel like a super jerk for asking if you were pregnant and I missed it! :( I am so sorry. That's why I immediately followed up with my next comment. So thankful you have the strength, grace and joy that comes from the Lord alone. Praise God for His work in you. I am so sorry for your loss and will continue to pray.

Shaunna said...

We have been and will continue to pray for you guys! The Lord is near to the brokenhearted! So thankful for His faithfulness during all seasons of life! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

My precious family,
I am so sorry I don't get to meet our baby Koper here, but so thankful to God He has given you the peace and we will meet him/her one day! You are an amazing woman of God and the ability to share such a personal loss is just a testament of your incredible faith which shines brightly...despite the circumstances. Steven is a wonderful man and your children are precious. My heart is with you and my prayers are for peace, strength and patience as you continue to heal. I love you all so very much!

Love,
Aunt Sheila

Kelly Sellers said...

Wow, Leah, what a testament! You are so strong and I am so sorry that it happened this way, but am so encouraged by the peace you have found in God. He is wonderful & all is done by His hands for a reason. I hope you have a quick & healthy recovery. Prayers for all of you will continue! We miss you & your awesomely well-behaved kids around here! Love ya lots!

Mom said...

I praise the Lord for you my daughter who praises God and trusts Him; especially through extreme loss and sadness. The word of God is a wealth of comfort and wisdom. Thank God He gave us His word. I pray constantly for you and this is the verse that God has placed on my heart for you. Oh how I love my Lee <3

Mom

Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Paul says, "...in all our distress...we were (and are!) encouraged about you because of your faith. For now we REALLY LIVE, since you are standing firm in the Lord. How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you? Night and day we pray earnestly..." (1 Thes. 3:7-10)

You don't know how really alive I am and the joy I have, even in my distress, because of your faith, standing firm in the Lord!

How can I thank my God enough because of You?

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Sweet Leah,
you are an amazing woman of God whom I have gained so much wisdom from! Sister, I am so sorry for your loss, and am crying for u as I think of all you and your precious family have been through. I thank God for the peace he has given you as you heal in all the ways he is healing you. I will continue to lift you Ans Steven up in my daily prayers.
hugs to you,
Aimee