June 30, 2011

Two

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby, Jack-Jack.


It is hard to believe that you are two years old, today. I don’t know where the time has gone. I still look at you and see my little baby. I still refer to you as a baby. I don’t know if I will just always think of you as my baby since you are my youngest, but I can’t imagine you being anything else. But today you are two years old, and it’s hard to call you a baby today.


002


You are so busy at two. Your days are very full. Most days you roll out of bed around whatever time your sister does. She wakes you up because Quiet is not a concept she understands. Once in a while, you’ll sleep later than her. One day last week, you slept until 11am. As if you were 15. Once out of bed, you give a smiley hug to me and always answer “yeah” when I ask if you slept well. It doesn’t take you long to demand your ba-ba. Your ba-ba is a sippy cup of milk. I don’t know why you call it a ba-ba. But you do. And it is very important to you. You need one when you first wake up, before you can go to bed and any time you are tired or upset. You love your ba-ba. You also love your brother and sister. You call Steven “Wee-wee” and Gabby “Bobby.” If they leave your sight, you ask where they are, “Where Wee-wee? Where Bobby?” Daddy thinks it’s funny to ask you to say Gabrielle. “Blab-blel” you reply as if it is exactly what he asked you to say. There are a few things you say throughout the day that I get mixed up. Strawberry, granola bar and Gabrielle all sound very similar. Lots of “blah”s in each of them. You refer to yourself in 3rd person as “Da-da.” You say Mommy and Daddy perfectly.


159


You love dogs. And airplanes. You get very excited to see both. Many times a day you yell out, “Doggie!! Doggie!” Always followed by, “Bye-bye, Doggie” as the dog leaves your sight. Same with planes: “Ray-ray! Ray-ray! Bye-bye, ray-ray!” You call all letters and numbers “E.” Which is why you are getting flash cards for you birthday. We’re going to start working on that. I love to listen to you talk. I love that I can understand most things that you say. And I love that you can communicate so many of your precious thoughts to me.


023


You sleep in a big boy bed, the bottom bunk of a small bunk bed you share with Gabby. You sit in a booster seat at the table, and when Gabby is not present, you prefer her booster seat to yours. Your incredible eating has slowed down a bit in the last few months. You are beginning to be more picky and we are no longer quite as shocked at the amount of food you can consume in a short amount of time. You don’t like green vegetables very much. If we can get you to take a bit of one, you will usually just hold it in your mouth for an eternity.


440


You had your 3rd haircut just last week. You complained one day of “hair…eyes” because it was getting a little long. But I just love your long, blonde curls so much that I keep it pretty long. I only trimmed enough to get it out of your eyes. I love that you still look like a beach bum. I’m sorry that strangers occasionally think you’re a girl.


Today you are two, my sweet baby Jack-Jack. I love you so, so much. Happy Birthday, my sweet baby.


101_0557

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU JACK.. HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY..lEAH, IT IS REALLY SWEET THAT YOU HAVE SPECIAL THINGS TO SAY ON EACH OF THE KIDS BIRTHDAY..iT'S PRECIOUS...jACK LOOKS MORE HANDSOME EVERYTIME i SEE A NEW PICTURE OF HIM..

Anonymous said...

1ST COMMENT IS FROM GRANDMA KOPER,HEHEHE!!!

Grammy said...

Happy Birthday sweet funny Jack-Jack. You are so handsome and look like a little Sweede like your Grampy Dave. I love you so much Jack-Jack. We hope you like the presents we sent. Wish we could spend your birthday with you. Love Grammy and Grampy Marsh

Shaunna said...

Can't believe he's two??!! Wow! Happy Birthday, Jack!!

Cara Joy said...

Of course I cried...happy birthday little baby!