April 19, 2011

Poor Gabby-Girl…Again.

Remember THIS? Well, it’s been over a year and a half since Gabby has gotten an ant bite. I’ve always kind of worried about how her little body would react if she got bitten again. The first time was so bad. Last night she got bitten pretty bad in our back yard. If the swelling isn’t down by tomorrow, we’ll be going in to see the doctor for some steroids to get the swelling down.

 

 025

Her left ankle got the worst of it. You can’t even see her ankle bone under all the swelling

 026

Poor, poor baby

028

She is currently here, with a baking soda paste and bandages on her bites, taking oral Benadryl every 6 hours, and Motrin every 4 hours for pain.

 031

Watching Beauty and the Beast.

Please Pray for Gabby. Pray for her to be comfortable. Her little feet hurt so badly. Pray for the swelling to go down. And pray for me to be a comfort to her. I’m having a hard time keeping her distracted. If she starts thinking about her feet, she starts crying and doesn’t stop until I find another distraction. She has been whining or crying on and off for about the last 8 hours.

I feel like we’ve gone from one thing to the next these last few weeks, with the HFM Disease, Jack’s ear infection (which ended up rupturing his eardrum…again) and now Gabby’s ant bites. I’m starting to feel worn down by the constant health issues of the kids. I’m starting to feel like this deployment has been going on for an eternity. I’m starting to feel tired….oh, wait – I’ve been tired for 5 and 1/2 years.

3 comments:

God's Gal Sarah said...

Leah, is there anything I can do to help? Need me to come distract one evening?

Laura said...

poor gabby! will pray! you're such a great mom!

grammy said...

I love you Gabby-Girl <3