August 12, 2010

The Anniversary Post

I feel like I just have to post today because it is our anniversary. I'm just not in a blogging mood. I miss my husband a lot today, and honestly I'm trying not to think too much about the fact that it's our anniversary and we're not together. But today is still an important day, a day that marks six great years. Six years of ups and downs, six years of building our life together, of growing and learning.

In our sixth year, we moved into our seventh home together, watched our three kids grow, purchased our first house, and experienced the first half of a long term separation. This year, we've been happy together but between all the TDYs and the deployment, we've spent a lot of time apart. Steve often encourages me to look on the bright side, even when it's hard. This separation is difficult and the bright side seems harder to see some days than others, but I know that being apart makes us stronger individually, makes us more appreciative of each other and brings us closer together when it's all said and done. So, with that in mind, this sixth year of marriage has been difficult but good for us. When we are together, we are so grateful for each other, so thankful to be close and so very much in love that it somehow makes all the separation fade into a distant memory.

The memories of these hard times fade fast and are gone before we know it, but the good parts, the memories we've made together in this last year are the ones we'll carry on into the rest of our marriage, into the rest of our lives.


Thanks for all the good times, honey. Thanks for the laughs, thanks for your encouragement and thank you for your love. Thank you for walking through the tough times with me. I miss you so much. I look forward to seeing what God has for us in year seven.

"For I know the plans I have for you" delcares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 28:11

5 comments:

* Tyly * said...

That gave me chills. You guys are a gorgeous couple, and I wish you nothing but the best!!!

Cara Joy said...

You guys look just as great as the day you were married! And you're probably even MORE in love. You have accomplished so much together. Love you!

Shaunna said...

So sweet! I know today must be hard for the both of you! You're right though, the hard times will soon be distant memories, and the good times will be cherished and remembered forever!! Happy 6 Years!

Anonymous said...

ahh so sweet,I'm not good with words so I'm just going to wish you all the love and happiness not just today but for the rest of your life.I love you both . happy anniversary. MOM K.

sue anne marsh said...

I enjoyed this post because it is so true, you married a good man Lee and God has blessed ya'll so much. Year seven will be amazing. Of course I think Steve got the better end of the deal-you. love Mom