I have a Pandora station called Leah's Station. Creative, I know. But it's awesome. I've been mastering it for over a year. If you're not familiar with Pandora - it's a "radio station" website that makes a station to your specific taste - based on artists that you input, songs that you give a thumbs up and thumbs down to and it is pretty much wonderful. I listen to it almost daily. Any time I'm doing housework, it's on. The kids and I dance to it. I'm constantly "tweeking" it and here are some of my FAVORITE songs from my station - these are songs that make me beyond happy when they come on my station. For some reason the songs that make me the happiest, are all pretty old. I know one day my kids will complain and roll their eyes when I want to listen to these old songs.
1. Let Her Cry - Hootie and the Blowfish. This song gives me goosebumps every time. I love it.
2. The Freshman - The Verve Pipe. This song takes me back. High school freshmen year. Awww, memories.
3. A Long December, Mr. Jones, and Hanginaround - Counting Crows. I just love these songs
(Are you noticing the late 90s pattern to my little list, here?)
4. Two Princes - The Spin Doctors. Remember this one? I do. It feels so happy.
5. Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam. What did he say? It doesn't matter. I still sing along to all the mumbling.
Just wanted so share. Go listen to them all and if you're even near my age, you'll remember them all and they will make you happy, too :)