October 12, 2009

Not Me Monday

A while back, Shaunna asked a good question, "Where is the Love?" In hopes to get more than one comment on a post, I'm doing a long-over-due Not Me Monday. Steve was looking at my blog the other day and said that I must have less people reading it than I used to since I didn't have many comments on any of my recent posts. Bummer.

Not Me Monday is a super-fun blog carnival that McMama hosts each week and I haven't participated in quite some time. So I have a LOT to not catch you up on. So here goes.

(And since I'm not on my computer and the internet here in TLF is SUPER slow, I have been unsuccessful in retrieving the cute little Not Me Monday button. Sorry. I know you're disappointed.)

I have not, in the recent past, repeatedly forgotten to stock my purse with tissues for my 2 snotty-nosed children. This has not resulted in them blowing their noses in Jack's burp rags or a panty liner from my purse. This would not require me to tell Steven, "Don't blow your nose on the sticky side, Bud."

Speaking of panty liners, a few days after Gabby potty trained, she did not have a messy accident while were out. I did not take her to the potty to clean her up and forget to take the diaper bag with me, leaving me with no clean panties. I did not wipe her panties out, and put a pantyliner from my purse into her little panties to give her a clean surface to sit on.

And when our friends Sarah and Savannah came over to hang out the other day, little 2-year-old Savannah did not find panty liners in the bathroom and think they were band-aids. Big band-aids (or Boodaids, as she calls them). I did not take one out, slap it on her leg and let her wear a big boodaid around my house. Her mom certainly did not take Gabby's stamps and stamps some cute little dinosaurs on said boodaid.


While at the mall the other day, Jack did not completely blow through all his clothes with a big, stinky mess. I had not forgotten to re-stock the diaper bag with a clean outfit the last time this happened, so I did not carry a half naked Jack, wrapped in a small blanket around the mall like some white trash mother that takes her baby out in nothing but a diaper when it's 50 degrees outside.

Upon leaving the mall, Steve and I did not put our 2 new T-shirts on Jack to bundle him up for going outside. I did not leave said shirts on him after we got home for a while out of laziness.

Last Thursday, I did not decide at about 3pm that the kids and I were coming back to Little Rock to stay with Steve until he gets home. I did not spend only 10 minutes "packing" and leave the house without thinking about what I may or may not need. I did not arrive here and have to go shopping after only bringing myself 2 shirts. (This also my explain why Jack is sleeping on a pink, flowery crib sheet in his playpen)

When Steve asked what toys I brought to keep the kids entertained while we're here, I did not come up with the Sonic kid's meal toy we got on the trip out. That is not the only toy the kids have had for a week and a half.

...Nope, Not Me!

Okay, that may or may not have been everything I did or did not do. Huh?

4 comments:

* Tyly * said...

I love when you do these!!! Thanks for the laugh. :-)

Shaunna said...

I agree- These are always a good laugh!!

And, BTW, Addi has a strange obsession with panty liners and other femanine products...She goes to the bathroom, dumps them all out, and scatters them around the house at least twice a week!

Kelly Sellers said...

these crack me up. i'm sure i'll have millions of little 'nots' to share here in a very short 6 weeks or so. :) so funny! :)

Cara Joy said...

This was quite the week for panty liners! And...Jack doesn't look like he minds too much. hehe