September 1, 2009

Good News/Bad News

The Good:
Jack had his 2 month well-check today. He is as healthy as a horse (whatever that means). And he may be as big as one, one day. He was 13 pounds, 1 ounce!!! He's in the 90th percentile for his weight. At 23 inches, he's in the 50th percentile for his height, and his head was around the 50th percentile, too.

We got a lot of packing done today. All the clothes, most of the kitchen, the bathroom and other miscellaneous items are boxed up and piled in our living room.

The weather has cooled down this week and is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Being outside is like sweet bliss. The high most days this week has been in the mid-80s. It's gorgeous.

One week from today, I will be in our house as the movers move all of our household goods in and unpack them for me!!

The Bad:
Following Jack's appointment came a trip down the hall to immunizations. NOT. FUN. AT. ALL. After 5 shots in the upper thighs, my little guy has slept all day. The few moments he has spent awake, he is absolutely miserable. No fever, but he is just not feeling well. Poor little baby.

I hate packing. Our little home is in upheaval. The packed boxes are nicely piled - all the half-packed ones are all over the place. I can't find anything. This is utter chaos.

My back hurts. It has been hurting for months. I don't know what it is. If the pregnancies have just taken a toll on my back, if it's from carrying the kids around, wearing Jack, my poor posture....who knows. All I know is that Tricare (our insurance company) had better have some kind of chiropractic coverage because I am in desperate need of .... something.

One week from today, the kids and I will be getting settled in our house, while Steve gets settled into a dorm room here in Arkansas. Hopefully it will only be 2 weeks or so until he can come join us.


We are all healthy and happy (Jack's healthy - maybe not super happy today, though) and looking forward to the next few weeks. So although, there are things that I feel are negative, overall we are blessed beyond measure and life is good.

3 comments:

Shaunna said...

Poor Jack...Shots are no fun! Addi got 3 on Friday:(

Why does Steve have to hang around Arkansas for 2 more weeks??

Hope packing goes well!!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Always great to catch up with you. I know Ali is very excited at the thought of visiting you both in Texas :-) Much Love and Congrats on the house.
Love,
Aunt Sheila

The Kopers said...

Wow, Jack is bigger than Nolan was at 2 months! Way to go, Jack-Jack!
We're just about to leave for Nolan's 6 month check-up. I'm excited to see where he is on the charts!
We get to see you guys this month! Woo Hoo!!!