April 28, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday

As of yesterday, I am 30 weeks pregnant. Yes, 30! That means I am 3/4 of the way through, 75% done, I have 10 weeks (or less) until D-day, there are only 70 days left, I have been pregnant for 210 days... and I am officially huge. First of all, I cannot believe how fast the first 30 weeks of this pregnancy have gone. I also cannot believe that so far, I have done absolutely NOTHING to prepare for this boy's arrival. Really. Nothing. Not that there is a ton that needs to be done. You see, when you have 3 children in less than 4 years and you hold onto everything your babies need, it seems that poor #3 needs nothing new. He will have no new bed, no new swing, no new diaper bag; we have just about everything he will need. It's just a matter of getting it all out and ready for him. So, here is my list of:

Top Ten Things I need to do in the next 10 Weeks

1. Think of something to call him (besides #3, The Hudson Hornet, JJ the Jet Plane, and Baby). A name would be good.
2. Get the infant car seat out of the closet, clean it, and adjust the straps to that teeny-tiny size.
3. Wash the newborn sized clothes I have stashed away...somewhere. There aren't many (I did not keep all of Steven's clothes) but his sweet and very generous older cousin, Nolan has offered to send him some of his outgrown newborn clothes. Isn't he so sweet? Thank you, Nolan.
4. Set up a changing table on our dresser and purchase wipes and diapers in those little tiny sizes.
5. Get the bassinet out of the closet and clean it.
6. Buy sheets for the bassinet that aren't pink. Thankfully, we were thinking when we bought the bassinet for Gabby and got a gender-neutral one and "girled it up" with pink accessories.
7. Make a bunch of casseroles and other meals and freeze them...in my TINY freezer (So I won't have to cook and we don't end up eating fast food right after he's born). And then not buy anything else that needs to go in the freezer until after they are all gone because there won't be any room.
8. Tour the hospital where I will deliver.
9. Teach Gabby to stop pointing every one's eyes out by jabbing them in the eye ball while saying, "Eyyyyyeeeee." This will not go over well with a newborn.
10. Relax and wait for a new, sweet-smelling, beautiful, little gift to grace us with his presence in our family.

Here is all the baby stuff we have stashed away. The bins are full of clothes, blankets, burp rags, bottles, a boppy pillow and lots of other miscellaneous "baby things." You can also see the car seat, the bouncy seat, the Graco bassinet, and the changing pad (yes, it's the same one Gabby was sleeping on in THIS post). It's all there waiting to be brought out, cleaned up and set out for Baby Boy.

2 comments:

Shaunna said...

Just so you know, your pregnancy has gone by really fast for me too;] I can't believe you're 30 weeks already- Wow!

Addi is fascinated with eyelashes these days, so she's been poking everyones eyes out too!

I need your address so I can send that sweet nameless boy a gift! ;]

Hope everything continues to go well!

Cara Joy said...

if you name him jackson or jase you can still call him jj the jet plane...it will be an easy transition. hudson...not so much.