Random Top Ten TuesdayI don't have a creative list of ten things today. I just have ten random thoughts and observations to share.
1. Arkansas is WAY different from Texas. Remember this?
Well, this Arkansas (the Arkansas of my mind) is alive and well. It can be found at the WalMart outside the base and frankly, it scares me.
2. After 2 weeks of living in TLF, I still love housekeeping. They change the towels, clean the bathroom, take out the garbage every day. They change the bed sheets every Wednesday. I keep being told that I will get sick of them....NOT YET!!!
3. I can walk EVERYWHERE. I can see the gym out my kitchen window, which inspires me to walk there. The BX and BX-tra (department-type stores to get everything besides groceries) are literally out the back door of our building, along with the library and post office. The commissary (grocery store) is the furthest away, but still less than a mile. And since I still refuse to leave the base without Steve (see #1 as to why I'm a little timid), I've only driven 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Twice to do grocery shopping and once to the gym in the rain.
4. There are some REALLY beautiful places very near our new home. We went on a 15 1/2 mile bicycle ride this weekend along the Arkansas River. It was gorgeous. I was pretty sore after, though. Two hours on a bike seat at 25 weeks pregnant going up some pretty intense hills - not really great on the groin but well worth the workout and the sites.
5. I want an Oreck vacuum REALLY bad, now! I watched an infomercial a few months ago that left me wanting one but now there is one in our unit for me to use and it is AMAZING. I get so excited when there is a mess to vacuum!
6. This is the most quiet my life has been in a LONG time. There's not a whole lot of housework to do, the kids are content, Steve is working and studying a lot. I think I'll enjoy this quiet, simple life now and be thankful for it. The thought of having three kids under 4 is still a bit overwhelming to me, so to have this time of rest before that happens is a blessing. I read a book in three days this week. I don't think I've done that since the days of only one kid! I plan to get a lot more reading in while we're here!
7. I found an OB/GYN yesterday and made my first appointment with him. I'm excited to see a civilian doctor again and to feel a little more confident in the medical care I'm receiving (the fact that I never had to pee in a cup at my prenatal checkups at the military hospital made me wonder about the quality of care).
8. Gabby has adjusted quite nicely to her new bed. She seems to enjoy getting into it by herself. Both kids really seem to love their room and the fact that they are sharing with each other. They have started to play together really well. Gabby is still not in the "interactive play" stage of development but Steven still plays with her and she seems to get a kick out him, most of the time.
9. We have the worst cable selection I have ever seen. Yes, cable is free here, so I shouldn't complain but as #6 revealed, I have a lot of time to watch TV right now and we have none of my favorite channels! No HGTV, no FoodNetwork, no Travel Channel, but we DO have 5, yes 5 religious channels and the Military Channel. Score.
10. I am 25 weeks pregnant. My littler counter on this blog is showing that my days left are nearing the two-digits. Oh My! Our little guy is still nameless. Seriously, we have pretty much nothing. The list of favorites that I shared a few weeks ago has been dwindled down to nothingness. I even asked the Baby Name Genie what we should name him and didn't really like anything he came up with....we are STUCK!