September 16, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday

My trip to the Commissary this week was a big one. You know the kind where the cart is so full and heavy, that it's hard to turn? The one where the receipt has to be folded into fourths just to put in my purse, the one that makes me so thankful the kids were with Steve because I couldn't have done an hour and a half in the grocery store with them? Well, it has inspired me to share my top ten favorite grocery store finds. Some are actual groceries, some are cleaning supplies, some are completely random things that I just happened to find at my grocery store and love! So, here's my list:


1. Balmex diaper rash cream. I have used every kind of diaper rash cream out there in the last three years. Steven has sensitive skin and got rashes ALL THE TIME. I just found the amazing Balmex, though. Poor Steven never experienced it's amazing power.

2. Kleen King Stainless Steel and Copper Cleaner. I have this stainless steel pan that always gets this nasty black crusty stuff on the edges, I had given up cleaning it after scrubbing and scrubbing at it every single time I washed it, to no avail. Then I tried this stuff. I sprinkled it on, rubbed the stain with a paper towel and VIOLA! Gone. Amazing!

3. Lysol 4 in 1 Disinfecting Wipes. I've used some kind of disinfecting wipe in my bathroom for a long time, but these are a lot better than the others I've used. They have a better smell and cut the grime a lot faster. I have one under each bathroom sink and use them on everything, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, floors...

4. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I had a friend complaining about Sharpie marker on her sewing machine the other day. I told her to just use a Magic Eraser. She didn't know what that was. What? How can any homemaker survive without a Magic Eraser. It cleans EVERYTHING! Grape juice on white counter-top, permanent marker on...anything, shoe-scuff marks on walls and floors. These things really are magic! (it's the gross-looking dirty, white thing in the picture, it gets a lot of use....maybe time for a new one!)

5. Fabuloso. This is my new favorite floor-cleaner. I fill a bucket with some of this and hot water, take a rag and wipe all the floorboards and kitchen cabinets, and appliances down, then use it to mop my tile and hardwood floors. The house smells good for days. Not a harsh, 'I just cleaned' smell, but a nice, pleasant smell. Love it!

6. Forehead Thermometer Strip. This is the most random thing I've found at the grocery store, but it is awesome. I just hold it on the kids' foreheads and watch the display. It takes all of two seconds to read their temperature and they don't mind it one bit.

7. Skippy Natural. I looked high and low at Whole Foods for a GOOD TASTING all natural peanut butter. After trying several brands, I decided there wasn't one. The thing that makes peanut butter tasty must be the hydrogenated oils. Then I found this one. No hydrogenated oil, totally natural, no stirring. Tastes EXACTLY like regular Skippy. Love it!

8. Sunsilk Captivating Curls Leave-in Creme. My whole life, I have struggled with my curly hair. I can put gel and moose and all kinds of stuff in it, and it is either a) Still Frizzy or b) Crunchy. Then I found this. Yes! Not that my hair looks beautiful every day, but it is neither frizzy nor crunchy, now! Yay!

9. Kashi Go Lean Strawberry Flax frozen waffles. My kids love these. 6 oz of fiber and 8 oz of protein in each all natural serving. I just cut them in quarters and give them to the kids, still frozen. They are the easiest snack every, and pretty healthy!

10. Past Roni Nature's Way pasta sides. Okay, it's not all-natural, but the pasta part is natural, it has no preservatives and no artificial flavors. I can pronounce all of the ingredients and it makes me feel a little better about occasionally serving my family something from a box. Not to mention, as R.R. would say, "Yum-O!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random: If the dining chairs are not pushed in, Gabby climbs onto them, then onto the table. Yesterday, I removed her from the table, then pushed the chair in. So then she got onto the chair and didn't know what to do next. Steven thought it looked like fun, so he joined her. Here they are under the table. So cute!

4 comments:

Shaunna said...

I am a HUGE fan of the Magic Eraser!! It's the only thing that really gets our bathtub clean...Being married to a mechanic can leave ya with quite a nasty tub at times:) (Speaking of, I should probably be scrubbing my tub right now instead of reading blogs!)

I will have to try that peanut butter...I HEART peanut butter:)I like to snack on a spoonful in the afternoons...Seems like I should go for a more healthy version:)

Love ya!

marnmic said...

I will try toe PB too. Sounds yummy.
As for Balmex, I had a sweet sister in law who told me about it with my first child, Michael. It's formula back then was better, imho, than now, but it is still a great product. It used to have beeswax in it, and I don't think it's in there anymore or not as high of a strength, but I'm conviced that bees wax was the best thing to provide a barrier for the kid's skin. I'm glad you found such a great product. I think I'll try a few more of these items you recommended too. :-)

Michelle said...

Stopping by to say hello & to see what you all have been up to. The kids look like they're having fun. =)

Give them a big humongous hug and kiss for me.

I need to blog, but I've been busy.

Love u guys!!

marnmic said...

Leah...we love the peanut butter! ;-) Thanks for the recommendation!