November 26, 2007

Smiling Gabby

As for our Thanksgiving, it was really nice. The kids and I went over to my friend, Kacie's house for dinner. She is a friend from Mops and has the nicest, most welcoming family. She has a daughter Steven's age, Morgan and a 4-year-old son, Ryan. Steven had so much fun playing with Morgan and Ryan. And I don't think Gabby was put down the whole time we were there. Kacie's parents had Steven calling them Grandpa and Grandma. They were the nicest people and I was so glad to have them to spend Thanksgiving with. Steve said his Turkey day was pretty good, too. He went to a retired officer's house and had dinner with his family. He said he was pretty nervous at first, to be going to a complete stranger's home to eat with his family, but ended up having a great time. He got to eat pumpkin pie and play video games, and for Steve, that is pretty much a perfect day.
I've kept really busy the last few weeks. I refinished Steven's bed and dresser and started on his toybox today. The bed and dresser turned out really nice and I can't wait to see the toybox finished.
This Thursday, I have two girls from our church coming over to watch the kids so I can go Christmas shopping. I can't wait. I'm going to get a Christmas tree that night, also. I've never had a real tree before, so it should be fun. It will be so nice to be able to go out and just get all my Christmas shopping done at once. It's been a long time since I've gone to run errands without having to load, strap, unload, reload, unstrap and restrap kids into and out of carseats and strollers at every stop. I have a feeling my shopping will go very quickly this way.

Here is a picture of Sweet Gabby I took today. It's the first picture I've been able to take of her beautiful smile. She's been smiling for a few weeks now but I've never been able to capture it on camera before. She's such a happy girl.

2 comments:

Blake & Shaunna said...

Leah!
Look at those red eyebrows on Gabby! What a cutie!! I'm sure you are thankful that she is such a happy baby! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! Love ya:)

Michelle said...

My niece is absolutely beautiful!

Hope to see you all again very soon!

Love~Michelle