November 13, 2007

A great day

The kids and I just got back from a playdate at a really nice park. I had such a nice time chatting with my friends from MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) and Steven had a blast running around with the other kids. Gabby was so good and just looked around, taking everything in. We got there a little before 11am and didn't leave until almost 2pm. It was so nice. And to make things even better, before we left a lady from church came over and brought me dinner for tonight and cleaned my house while we were gone. I came home to a cleaner apartment than I have seen in a long time. She cleaned my bathrooms, mopped my floors, scrubbed my stop-top burners (they were pretty crusty...but now they're glistening!), vacuumed, did a load of laundry,....I wanted to cry when I came home and saw all that she had done. She had given me a card at Gabby's baby shower and said that along with the gift she had gotten me, she wanted to come by and help me clean one day, so that's what she did today. It was by far one of the best presents ever! The fact that she took so much time and did so much work just to make it easier on me.....what a wonderfl woman! We have such a great church...where else would you meet someone like that?! Man, what a great day!

2 comments:

Blake & Shaunna said...

What a blessing Leah! I am so glad the Lord has blessed you and Steve with such a wonderful church family!!!

Tasha said...

Good words.